Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac
Dragon-Dictate Medical All By Voice
Dragon–Dictate® Medical for Mac® has been designed to turn your talk into text faster and more accurately than ever before. Medical professionals on the Mac platform have a fast and easy way to transcribe their appointment and medical record notes directly into the world’s most popular EHR systems immediately, with virtually no spelling errors. Spend less time typing and more time with patients!
Advanced medical speech recognition for Mac users
30% More accurate than Dragon Dictate 3*
- Dragon-Dictate® Medical for Mac® is the ultimate speech recognition and documentation solution. Medical professionals on the Mac platform have a fast and easy way to transcribe their appointment and medical record notes directly into the world’s most popular EHR systems and other applications immediately, with virtually no spelling errors. Turning voice into text up to three times faster than most clinicians type with accuracy up to 99% out of the box,
- Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac’s increased accuracy and fewer errors to correct means clinicians can spend more time with patients, Dragon adapts to the user’s voice and words to deliver better recognition results over time, and can be personalized with custom vocabulary words and commands so that dictated text looks the way it should, every time. Clinicians can capture notes on-the-go using a digital voice recorder or iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch with Nuance’s free Dragon Recorder app, and Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac will transcribe them when back at the Mac. Spend less time typing and more time with patients!
- Up to 99% Out-of-the-Box Accuracy: Detailed record-keeping is important for patient safety and for reimbursement. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac introduces a faster, more efficient way for medical professionals to create medical records, medical correspondence, or email messages – turning talk into text three times faster than typing. This means that Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac understands you, allowing you to get back to your patients and practice faster than ever. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac relies on the latest speech recognition engine (from Dragon NaturallySpeaking® 12), and also samples higher quality audio in order to deliver unprecedented accuracy, so that what you say is what you get. Regional accent support: Supports many regional accents of non-native English speakers (such as Indian, Latino, or Southeast Asian), and other accents (such as Australian or American – Southern).
- Two spelling vocabulary options: US English and UK English, for better spelling accuracy when dictating.
Your Words, Your Way
- Vocabulary Editor: With the ability to set alternative written forms of words or phrases (e.g. orthopedic vs. orthopaedic) in Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac, you have more say over how your words will appear once dictated.
- Acoustic Models: Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac uses a new, faster, and more powerful medical speech recognizer. As a clinician, having the correct vernacular for the way you practice is essential; Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac includes more than 90 specialty vocabularies and acoustic models to ensure proper clinical documentation, and allows physicians to dictate in their own words, generating “once and done” documentation, which they can dictate, edit, and review.
- Medical Records: Using Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac results in higher levels of reimbursement than notes built by point-and-click EHR templates alone. More complete, accurate documentation improves coding effectiveness and provides richer detail per patient, giving clinicians greater confidence to code at higher levels than with an EHR system alone. With Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac, dictation can be done directly into any EHR in which you can place a cursor to create robust, meaningful notes that truly capture details of the patient encounter – rather than “cookie cutter” notes that may miss important coding, documentation, or patient details in the medical record. Although Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac works with virtually any EHR, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac fully supports MacPractice for direct text control and dictation for a complete user experience on the Mac.
- Dictate in your own words: Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac’s free-text dictation capability supports more detailed History of Present Illness, more flexible Review of Symptoms, and more descriptive Assessment and Plan—the “medical decision-making” aspects of the note—which gives referring clinicians and ancillary providers a clearer and more detailed patient assessment and prognosis. Plus, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac supports HIPPA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any practice concerned with patient confidentiality.
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac Speaks Your Language
- Specialized Medical Vocabularies: Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac covers more than 90 medical specialties, which means that you won’t encounter missing terms or phrases – they are all available right “out of the box.” Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac uses the most advanced speech recognition technology, a brand new speech engine, and sophisticated acoustic models and language models, so Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac understands the terminology used by medical professionals.
- Faster, More Advanced Correction: When it comes to making a correction, Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac makes it faster and easier than ever before. Simply speak to correct individual words or phrases through a single, easy to understand window. Select an alternate word choice, or spell and train new words. Because Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac comes with so many specialized vocabularies, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac includes a richer list of alternative word choices too, so when you do make a correction, it’s more likely that the word or phrase you intended will be presented as an option. And when you make a correction, Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it. As a result, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac is the most cost-effective speech recognition for clinicians in physician practice settings on a Mac – by far.
- Control in More Applications with Express Editor: Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac gives you control in more applications, so that you can use your voice to get more done. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac delivers an Express Editor so that you can dictate into a text field for which it does not have Full Text Control. For example, Microsoft® Excel® or Web-Based EHRs do not have full text control, so you may opt to dictate into Express Editor. After you finish dictating, you can transfer the text from the Express Editor to the desired application quickly and easily by voice.
Digital Voice Recorder Support
- Transcription of Recorded Speech: It’s easy to transcribe your own recorded speech into text with Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac. Simply establish a user profile for a digital voice recorder, and have Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac transcribe your recorded voice quickly and easily. It supports .wav, .m4a, .m4v .mp4, .aif, and .aiff audio file formats. This is a great feature for busy clinicians on the go.
- Dragon Recorder: If you don’t have a digital voice recorder available to you, use Nuance’s free Dragon Recorder app to record your thoughts using an Apple® iPhone®, iPad®, iPod® touch (4th gen) or compatible Android™ device. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac will transcribe the recorded audio files when you are back at your Mac.
Multiple Microphone Options
- Basic Support: Use the included premium headset (recommended) or the Mac’s internal microphone.
- Dragon Remote Mic: Dictate wirelessly with a mobile device using Nuance’s free Dragon Remote Mic app which works with an Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (4th gen) or compatible Android device.
Wideband Bluetooth® Support
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support: Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac supports wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, so you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the Mac, Dragon Dictate
- Medical for Mac offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started. Medical Bluetooth Acoustic Model Support: Special new acoustic software makes recognition with your Bluetooth headset higher than ever.
- Interactive Tutorial: Displayed at the end of profile creation and available at any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
- Additional Voice Training – Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac offers four different training texts, giving the user multiple choices to help with voice training.
- More Commands from Mission Control – Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac delivers enhanced support for Mission Control, with more commands for many of the most common functions, for example “swipe left” or “swipe right.”
- Microphone sleep mode – Users can set Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac to have their microphone go to sleep when they want: 10 minutes, a half hour, or even two hours since Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac was last used.
- Support for Applications – In addition to general support for Mac OS X® Mountain Lion with built-in commands for the new Notes and Reminders applications, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac also supports many applications such as Microsoft® Word® and Outlook®, Safari® and Microsoft Internet Explorer®, and even the most popular Mac-based EHR, MacPractice.
- Customized Commands – Clinicians also save additional time by using customized macros to enter frequently-dictated text with a single voice commands. Overall, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac dramatically reduces the time clinicians spend documenting care – often 30 minutes a day or more – according to a number of studies.
- Secure Patient Information: Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac supports HIPPA compliance guidelines to protect patient security and confidentialit
INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
Dragon-Dictate Medical for Mac lets clinicians dictate faster and more accurately than ever before. With up to 99% accuracy right out of the box, and more than 90 medical vocabularies to choose from, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac’s increased speed and accuracy lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac adapts to the user’s voice and words used to deliver better recognition results over time, and can be personalized with custom vocabulary words and commands so that dictated text looks that way it should, every time. Add a more powerful correction interface and easy proofing tools such as Dragon-Dictate
Medical for Mac’s Text-to-Speech feature, and medical documentation is more easily completed. Use Dragon-Dictate Medical for MAC